What is far-infrared therapy (fir) and what does it do:
Far-Infrared Rays are waves of energy, totally invisible to the naked eye, which penetrate the surface of the skin where they gently and elevate the body’s surface temperature to 107.6f/42c and above, while positively activating body systems and functions.
Benefits of FIR.
1) Improve blood circulation and skin complexion
- Far-Infrared expands capillaries which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygen.
- It also maintains and promotes healthy lung function
- If sebaceous glands are activated, accumulated cosmetics in pores can be eliminated through the skin (sweat and oil glands), resulting in clearer skin
2) Strengthens cardiovascular system
- FIR can strengthen the cardiovascular system by causing heart rate and cardiac output increase, and diastolic blood pressure decrease
- FIR and the gentle tissue warming has also been shown to help improve the ‘health’ of the cells that line our blood vessels.
3) Improve Detoxification
- FIR is excellent for detoxification and helps lymphatic cleansing
- Scientists in Japan report that in the FIR treatment of clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins.
- FIR thereby promotes the elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood: poisons, heavy metals, carcinogenic substances from food processing , lactic acid, free fatty acids, and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue.
4) Relaxation and pain/aches management
- FIR relieves nervous tension and relaxes Auto-Neuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities.
- FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibres are heated as a result, rapid reduction of swelling, inflammation and associated pain occurs. Relaxation of muscles and relief of muscular aches, reduces back, shoulder and neck pains.
- FIR soothes tension and stress in both body and mind.
- Where toxins accumulate, blood circulation is blocked and cellular energy is impaired. Elimination begins when an 8-10 micron far-infrared wave is applied to these large water molecules and the water begins to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the vibration continues, breakdown of the water molecules occurs and encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released.
5) Far-infrared strengthens and supports the immune system
by supporting increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer t-cells by the thymus. “Natural killer (NK) cells in the immune system are crucial to effective immune defence. hyperthermia releases a bunch of cytokines and heat shock proteins which make cancer cells more immunogenic that means they are better recognized by the natural killer cells. NK cells are essential in killing virus-infected cells and destroying cancer cells. the nutrients selenium, ß-glycan and zinc increase circulating levels of natural killer cells and boost their cancer-killing activity.” – extract from an article written by Dr. Friedrich Douwes, Klinic St. Georg, Germany.